Black Bean Sauce Yong Tau Foo
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Black Bean Sauce "Yong Tau Foo" Recipe
When cooking the yong tau foo pieces, note that cooking time will vary for different types of ingredients. The thinner slices will cook faster, so take them out earlier in Step 1as they are cooked.
- 350 grams “yong tau foo” (釀豆腐; about 15 pieces or so)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry, mashed slightly with fork
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chilli padi sliced
- 1 tsp hot bean sauce/”la dou ban jiang” (辣豆瓣酱)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- cornstarch slurry solution (1 tsp cornstarch mix with 2 tsp water)
- Cook yong tau foo pieces in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in claypot or wok and stir fry fermented black beans, garlic and chilli until fragrant.
- Add hot bean sauce, oyster sauce and water to the casserole, stir evenly to form a paste.
- Add the blanched yong tau foo pieces and stir to coat them well in the sauce. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch slurry.