Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe

XO Sauce Fried Rice

XO Sauce Fried Rice

Check Out: XO Sauce Recipes

I have been using XO Sauce for Chinese stir-fries, and recently I have also been using it in my fried rice for a more gourmet version of my usual egg fried rice. I love to cook fried rice once in a while as it is an easy and satisfying one-dish meal, great for clearing the fridge of any random leftover ingredients. Whenever I plan to cook fried rice, I will cook extra rice for dinner so that I can refrigerate the extras overnight for best results (refrigerating keeps the rice grains dry and not sticky, which is ideal for stir-frying). I will also try to buy roasted meat (char siu and siu yuk) for adding to my fried rice because being deliciously salty and savoury, the roasted meat are excellent for instantly bringing a fried rice dish to life. Fried rice is a really flexible dish and you can add any ingredients such as seafood and chicken to make your own version.

XO Sauce Fried Rice

30 Responses to “XO Sauce Fried Rice”

1 2 3
  1. Michael Tan via Facebook — April 2, 2012 @ 1:36 pm

Thanks for your delicious fried rice recipe. It’s really a worthwhile dish to cook. :)

2. Get me some Africa recipe

3. tigerfish — April 2, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

Just give me some steamed vegetables with this super-flavorful and fragrant fried rice and I will be happy!

4. Susannah Yeon via Facebook — April 2, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

Just finished eating this and your recipe is spot on & of course delicious!!

5. NoobCook via Facebook — April 2, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

Hi Susannah, you mean you cooked this recipe already? that’s fast!

6. masterofboots — April 2, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

Excellent idea. I might add this to my claypot rice instead, haha.

7. Susannah Yeon via Facebook — April 2, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

Yes! Amazing I know – I googled xo fried rice and your site popped up and I have been going through your recipes lately and didn’t realize it was a new one! It was delish! Thank you!

8. Opal @ Celebrate Life — April 2, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

You’re correct, it’s a one-dish meal which is one of the many reasons I like to prepare it, although admittedly I don’t make it often. There’s so many other delightful dishes to prepare that I rarely get stuck preparing the same meal often.

I adore fried rice. This past week I made two types of fried rice; chicken and vegetable. They were great, and didn’t stay long. The fried rice was mainly created from leftovers.

9. NoobCook via Facebook — April 2, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

Susannah, I’m happy to have the recipe tested right away – thanks! :)

10. Beanie — April 2, 2012 @ 10:37 pm

Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?

• wiffy replied: — April 3rd, 2012 @ 12:29 am