Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup
Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup Recipe
Watercress is packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins, and it is perfect for combating the
- 250g pork ribs
- 1.3 litres water
- 15 pitted red dates
- 200g watercress ends trimmed, then roughly cut
- 1 tbsp wolfberries soaked in a small bowl of water until puffy; drained
- salt to taste
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, to remove the scum so that you have clear soup later.
- In a large soup pot, add blanched pork ribswater, red dates and watercress. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer (with lid partially closed) for about 40 minutes.
- Five minutes before you turn off the flame, add the soaked wolfberries. Season with salt. For best results, keep the soup warm in a thermal pot for a few hours before serving.
- You can substitute pork ribs with chicken, or a combination of chicken and pork.
Leave a Comment
41 Responses to “Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup”
Pingback: Chinese Cabbage Soup Recipe
Pingback: Watercress | Ivory Low