Another simple, no fuss one-dish meal =D Great especially when there is leftover rice :D~ My one-dish meals usually aren’t packed with much ingredients, because my fridge don’t usually have much stuff, heh. Feel free to experiment and add more goodness! Ketchup is an acquired taste which I only liked a few years ago, but this turns out to be my favourite version of fried rice. Dunno why, but I think Japanese brand ketchup (like their mayo) tastes better than others!
1 serving of cooked white rice, refrigerated for at least an hour or overnight*
1/4 bell pepper, cut to small pieces
4 white/brown button mushrooms, sliced
1 hot dog, sliced
2 tbsp tomato sauce/ketchap (preferably Japanese type)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp chopped basil/basil flakes
1/2 tbsp chopped onion
1 egg (optional)
a small pinch of salt (optional)
1 chilli padi, cut to small pieces (optional)
1. Heat oil in wok. Saute garlic, onion, chili & basil till fragrant.
2. Add bell peppers & mushrooms and stir fry for a minute.
3. Add hotdog, salt and rice. Try to break the rice apart gently using a wok turner.
4. When the rice is separated, add the tomato sauce and stir fry until evenly mixed and dry.
5. If you wish, you can cook an egg separately and garnish on top of rice.
* Purpose of using refrigerated rice is to prevent them from sticking during frying – tip I learnt from VideoJug