Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Tiramisu in a Glass (Eggless Recipe)

Eggless tiramisu (served in a glass) recipe

Check Out: Eggless Tiramisu (Cake Recipe)

This basic tiramisu (popular Italian dessert; literally meant “pick me up” due to the ingredients coffee, liquor and sugar) recipe is courtesy of my buddy Anemone, who taught me the layered tiramisu cake version. I experimented with serving tiramisu in a martini glass because I wanted to use up the odd amount of leftover ingredients after making  tiramisu cake. Having tiramisu is a martini glass is not the most authentic way of eating this dessert (though incidentally, I had tiramisu served in a ramekin at an authentic Italian restaurant before) but it is so pretty, quick and easy. Check out my easy recipe, you won’t believe how effortless it is to make this – I only took 15 minutes to make it (minus the chilling time). Update: A reader made this recipe for her Italian friend who said it was good, so I’m really happy with the vote of confidence ;)

Eggless Tiramisu Recipe

The “usual” way of serving tiramisu like a cake. Get the recipe here.

I don’t have a sweet tooth and neither am I a coffee drinker, but tiramisu is a dessert which I really enjoy because it is relatively low in sugar and the coffee taste is subtle not overbearing. The good thing about making tiramisu at home is that you can tweak the recipe to your liking (for example, more or lesser liquor/coffee/vanilla). Another good reason for making this at home is that it is way, way cheaper – for this recipe, the amount of ingredients listed cost me around S$10 and I make about 4-6 glasses of tiramisu. If you order this outside, I think it’s easily S$10 per serving.

66 Responses to “Tiramisu in a Glass (Eggless Recipe)”

1. lisaiscooking — May 2, 2010 @ 9:40 am

The individual servings look great! I love the strawberries on top too. Such a delicious dessert.

2. wyyv — May 2, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

I love desserts very much, especially tiramisu. It’s my favorite dessert of all beside sago :)

3. Elizabeth — May 2, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

These look so delighful. Something to eat outside on a warm summers day. Yum.

4. pigpigscorner — May 2, 2010 @ 6:21 pm

I like the idea of it being eggless, healthier =)

5. HoppingHammy — May 2, 2010 @ 8:02 pm

“I don’t have a sweet tooth and neither am I a coffee drinker…” 8O 8O 8O

Haha just kidding! It must be nice to not have sugar cravings…like I do. :( This looks light and refreshing, and very pretty how you arranged it.

• wiffy replied: — May 3rd, 2010 @ 2:55 pm

but I have cravings for salty and spicy foods which is not so healthy :p Cool, I would love to see a pic of your tiramisu if you do make it hehe :)

6. HoppingHammy — May 2, 2010 @ 8:04 pm

Forgot to add that I would DEFINITELY try this dessert you made, since it is eggless. Good choice…..raw eggs gross me out too. :mrgreen:

7. daphne — May 2, 2010 @ 8:39 pm

I love this! And u r so right to say it is so easy to make..just with a dash of tender love and care =) I love your presentation as well!

8. jo — May 2, 2010 @ 10:09 pm

Love tiramisu but try not to over indulge as it is really rich. Love how you have served this dessert as I always think individual platings are so much more elegant. Great pics as well.

• wiffy replied: — May 3rd, 2010 @ 2:56 pm

yes control the intake with little glass servings – one glass per person per day! hehe

9. Miss B — May 2, 2010 @ 11:35 pm

Eggless Tiramisu, what a good idea, thanks for posting.
    I have a similar recipe from my neighbour but with eggs, I used amaretto instead of kahlua and I used icing sugar instead of caster sugar. Other than that, your recipe is almost identical to mine :)

10. Lia Chen — May 3, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

Wiffy … I’m so ‘worship’ you hehehe :D This is just great! It’s like new genre of tiramisu and love the presentation in the glass :up:

• wiffy replied: — May 7th, 2010 @ 11:21 am

oh nono, I wasn’t the one who invented this way of serving – many places serve it this way too but it’s not the traditional way :)