Thai Basil Beef
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Thai Basil Beef Recipe
Stir fry briskly to avoid the beef from being overcooked and tough. You may substitute the beef with chicken or pork.
- 120g minced beef
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 2 long beans ends trimmed and sliced to 5 cm length
- 1 chilli padi finely sliced (adjust or omit to your liking)
- 1 tbsp frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn) thawed
- a few sweet basil leaves, torn roughly
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp thai fish sauce
- 50ml water
- Heat oil, add garlic and chilli, fry garlic till lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add long beans and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Then add beef and stir fry for a few seconds, using the spatula to break the minced beef to smaller pieces.
- Add (A) and thawed vegetables. Stir fry for a minute or until the beef is evenly coated in the dark sauce mixture and cooked.
- Add basil leaves and turn off the stove when the leaves are just withered and you can smell the aroma of the basil. Served with steamed rice.