Stir-fried Kimchi Udon
by wiffy on May 7, 2008
A medley of ingredients make this simple and satisfying one-dish stir fry udon meal. Great for clearing out the stuff in the fridge too ^^
1 tbsp pine nuts
2 stalks spring onions, cut to 2-inch lengths
100g pork slices (marinate in 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil and white pepper)
1 tbsp corn nibblets
2 packets of instant udon (about 200g x 2)
4 button mushrooms, sliced thickly
1 packet enoki mushrooms (about 100g), ends trimmed
1 tbsp kimchi and 1 tsp of the kimchi liquid (optional)
1/2 squid, cut to rings
6 prawns, shells and veins removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1-2 chilli padi, seeds removed and sliced
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp mirin
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat wok and dry fry pine nuts for a few minutes till lightly toasted. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok, stir fry spring onions (bottom thick stalks), garlic and chilli till fragrant.
3. Add pork slices, squid rings, prawns, broccoli and button mushrooms. Stir fry for about 2 minutes till pork is cooked on surface.
4. Add udon noodles and try to separate them gently using a ladle/wok turner.
5. Add the rest of the spring onions, corn nibblets, enoki mushrooms and kimchi (if using) and the seasonings. Mix well and stir fry for about 3 minutes, or till it it becomes drier.
6. Topped with the previously toasted pine nuts and serve.
:) I’m sending this dish over to Ruth @ Presto Pasta Nights
More One-Dish-Meal Recipes
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|