Stir-fry Prawns with XO Sauce
by wiffy on January 24, 2011
With Chinese New Year around the corner, many people are including prawns in their menu because the word sounds like “ha” in Cantonese and some other Chinese dialects, symbolizing laughter (笑 “哈哈”) and happiness. This is an easy recipe for stir-fry prawns, for one can hardly go wrong with XO Sauce. XO Sauce is a seafood sauce popular in Cantonese cuisine, and it is a sauce I recently started to use and really like. It’s slightly pricey because of the presence of dried scallops. To me, it is a god-sent sauce for stir frying, especially for a lazy cook like me. Foods coated in XO sauce just taste good. With the yummy sauce, you don’t need a lot of other marinades and condiments to season the food.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 10 medium to large prawns, shells (except tail end) and veins removed
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded, cut to bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
(A) XO sauce (combine well)
- 1 tbsp XO sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese wine
1. Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic till fragrant.
2. Add bell pepper wedges, stir fry for about 1-2 minutes till cooked.
3. Add prawns. Stir fry for a brief few seconds and you will start to see the prawns curling and turning opaque. Add the xo sauce mixture (A) and stir fry till the prawns are fully cooked and well coated in the sauce.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|