Stir-fried Oysters in Garlic Sauce
by wiffy on January 5, 2011
Note: An earlier issue with links redirection has been resolved. This is a re-post. Apologies for the inconvenience caused for those trying to read the recipe through rss feed.
A while ago, my friend woolly told me about the Bay Fisher brand of frozen oysters she bought from NTUC. A pack cost S$3.95 and the oysters are decent, juicy and not fishy. You can find it at Cold Storage too. Woolly featured a Oyster Omelet (蚝煎) recipe on her blog using these oysters and I hope to try out her yummy looking recipe in future. For now, to test out the oysters, I did a no-pride super quick stir-fry with garlic. I would say this is a quick and cheap fix for oyster lovers. Can’t wait to experiment with them to come up with more recipes.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 250g oyster meat, thawed and drained
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 chilli padi, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- sea salt and white pepper
- Coriander for garnishing (optional)
1. Heat oil in wok and saute chopped garlic & chilli padi till fragrant.
2. Add oysters, garlic powder and a dash of white pepper. Fry till the oysters are cooked (about 2 minutes) and the garlic powder is evenly dissolved. Season with sea salt. Garnish with coriander.
Besides salt, you may also season with light soy sauce and/or fish sauce.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|