by wiffy on May 31, 2011
I don’t used to love vegetables, but now I do. A simple plate of vegetables stir fry is a happy side dish for dinner. I usually buy 2 packets of vegetables for 2 persons, if not there will not be enough. It is incredibly cheap, healthy, delicious and quick to cook. I would say home-cooked Chinese dinner is not complete without it. This is a simple version of stir-fry using oyster sauce. Besides kailan, you can use other greens too.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 400g kailan (芥兰)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- cornstarch solution: 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp water
Sauce (mix well)
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 2 tbsp water
1. If using stems, trim bottom stalk ends of kailan and separate leaves from stems. Slice the stalk thinly and diagonally.
2. Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant.
3. Stir fry sliced carrot and kailan stems (if using) for a minute or two.
4. Add kailan leaves and sauce. Stir fry until the vegetables are evenly coated in the sauce and the leaves have withered.
5. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution.
1. To prevent oil splatters during stir frying, air dry or spin dry (in a salad spinner) the vegetables thoroughly before cooking.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|