Ginger and Scallions Beef
Ginger and Scallions Beef Recipe
In this recipe, slicing the meat against the grain and prepping the beef slices with baking soda help the beef to be tenderly cooked.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 200g beef (tenderloin cut preferred) sliced thinly and diagonally (against the grain)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 slices ginger sliced
- 3 stalks spring onions (scallions) cut to 5 cm (2-inch) lengths
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 1 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour (corn starch)
- Sprinkle and coat beef slices evenly with baking soda. Set aside for about 15 minutes and then rinse beef slices. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine prepared beef slices with (A).
- Heat oil. Saute ginger, garlic and bottom ends of the spring onions for about 30 seconds.
- Add marinaded beef and spring onions. Stir fry on high heat briefly until the beef slices are no longer pink. Do not overcook the beef.
- Drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok and let the wine sizzle and evaporate. Serve with steamed rice.