Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Asparagus in Sriracha Chilli

Asparagus in Sriracha Chilli

Check Out: Edamame Chilli Recipe

As a huge fan of hot sauces and in particular, sriracha chilli, how can I resist adding it to my stir fries for some fiery kick. Besides being a sauce condiment, sriracha chilli is an excellent sauce for stir-fries. In this recipe, thin asparagus are used so they cook very quickly. You can use thick asparagus as well.

Prepped asparagus.

26 Responses to “Asparagus in Sriracha Chilli”

1 2 3
  1. TasteHongKong — April 28, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

I like this briefly fried, retaining much of asparagus’ sweetness and crunchiness.

2. Crystal — April 28, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

Wow, I never thought to use the Sriracha sauce for vegetables! That’s a GREAT idea! We have that privilege here of having these sauces everywhere thanks to the Vietnamese in Australia! Didn’t realize they were quite so expensive in S’pore. Thanks for sharing!

3. Evan — April 28, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

hi wiffy, i didnt know this chilli sauce is so expensive, i’ve been trying to get hold of it coz i wanna use it to make the spicy salmon handroll but 20-30 bucks is really crazy!! do they ship to sg?

• wiffy replied: — May 2nd, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

hi Evan, I think you can order from http://www.iherb.com (their shipping rate to sg is affordable) or here. Hope this helps.

4. daphne — April 28, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

I like the touch of sesame as well. Great choice of sauce! I used to love it on EVERYTHING! esp for bbqs, steamboats..etc. I didnt think of using it as a stir fry sauce!

5. Lia Chen — April 28, 2011 @ 6:51 pm

I love the idea! Chili sauce will add more flavor to the crunchy asparagus. We have Sriracha chili sauce here. Gonna try this soon :) BTW, I run another blog for cooking at http://www.mybloglicious.com hehehe …

6. jo — April 28, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

I love asparagus and cooking it with siracha instead of the usual sambal belachan sounds good. Makes it a whole lot easier as well.

7. Jocelyn — April 29, 2011 @ 2:37 am

I found the sauce at iherb with great shipping price.

• wiffy replied: — May 2nd, 2011 @ 1:36 pm

Thanks for sharing Jocelyn. However I do not allow sharing of iherb referral code, thanks for your understanding.

8. tigerfish — April 29, 2011 @ 6:39 am

I have been eating asparagus so often lately, usually the “fatter” ones though. You want me to get some Huy Fong for you? Let me know, okie? Not too long from my next trip to SG.

P.S Hate the great firewall of China.

• wiffy replied: — May 2nd, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

I think my current bottle will last me a long time, and I’ll be able to get it easily when it’s finished. thanks, so sweet of you to ask, appreciate your thoughts blogging buddy :)

9. Gertrude — April 29, 2011 @ 8:05 am

My husband is so addicted to Sriracha chilli sauce that he put it in everything :)

10. masterofboots — April 29, 2011 @ 8:19 am

this looks delicious! i think i might use XO sauce instead of sriracha though, for the taste more than the spicy kick :P

• wiffy replied: — May 2nd, 2011 @ 1:40 pm