Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review)

Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat

Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe

Check Out: Steamed Chicken Herbal Soup Recipe

Recently, I love to steam foods because I’m not in the mood for heavy duty cooking. Not only do steamed foods cook very fast, it is also healthier and the clean up is easier (not greasy). And this steamed egg tofu with pork is one my latest successful kitchen experiment. These bite-sized tofu pieces are pretty to look at and easy to eat. I used egg tofu instead of normal tofu because it is easier to cut them to uniform sizes (tried with a rectangular block of tofu and I cut them badly) and it’s also more fragrant with egg added to the tofu. But if you do not eat egg, you can always use white silken tofu.

Egg Tofu

57 Responses to “Steamed Egg Tofu with Minced Meat”

1. lisa — August 11, 2010 @ 3:12 am

how Healthy! i love the goji berries. Always add them to my soups.
    this is a great homey recipe, i agree with you steaming is one of the best method of cooking. i recently steamed chicken with bittermelon and it was great!
    Great Blog ! just added to our list.
    Lisa
    CookNg Sisters

2. MissB — August 11, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

Hmmn…looks very delicious, makes me wanna drive to chinatown in antwerp immediately to get some egg tofu and wolfberries. :)

3. pigpigscorner — August 12, 2010 @ 3:03 am

So beautiful! my hubs saw this and asked me to make!

4. Janet@ Gourmet Traveller 88 — August 12, 2010 @ 3:37 am

Very delicate and healthy dish! Very refreshing of the look of your blog layout!

5. 3hungrytummies — August 12, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

Lovely dish! Love the added wolfberry!
    I had steamed tofu with prawns for lunch today :)

6. Jenny Lim — August 13, 2010 @ 12:51 am

drooling by my computer in Florida wondering where I can get hold of egg tofu. great website, thanks for sharing.

7. wendy — August 13, 2010 @ 11:18 am

I am a constant follower of ur receipes. Cos I cant cook anything without a receipe.The presentation of tis dish is so beautiful n easy to make. My kids dun like to eat tofu. So another way of making is I mashed the egg tofu with the meat & steam it. It taste like steam egg & the minced pork. They love it.

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2010 @ 12:36 pm

Hi wendy, thanks for your comment … hopefully your kids can accept this tofu dish. Your mashed tofu with meat sounds like something I will like. Do you have a recipe to share? :D

8. Jonie — August 18, 2010 @ 10:45 pm

i always like the way you decorate with spring onions. can you tell me how you make the spring onions curly wily…thanks.

• wiffy replied: — August 19th, 2010 @ 1:57 pm

Hi Jonie, just slice the spring onions cross section, length wise. They will curl by itself if cut this way. I intend to write a short tutorial in future :)

9. Jonie — August 19, 2010 @ 9:14 pm

thanks. looking forward to your tutorial. i am a very visual person (that is why i love your blog), so hopefully with step by step pictures will be nice. hope you also include other decorations as well. oops…am i asking too much? ;)

10. Gigi — September 13, 2010 @ 8:54 pm

Just tried out this receipe. Really yummilicious & simple for a novice cook like me. Do share more of such easy to follow receipes!