Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish
Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish Recipe
Besides Hua Tiao/Shao Hsing wine, you can also experiment with other types of hard liquor such as D.O.M, X.O or Brandy. If you don't have black fungus, you can use other types of mushrooms or even fresh ones.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 chicken cut to small pieces
- 3 slices ginger sliced thinly
- a small handful of dried black fungus soaked in hot water, drained and cut to strips
- 20g dried salted fish* diced
* note about salted fish: For best results, fry the diced salted fish in some oil or roast them in the oven, until they become golden brown and crispy.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil reduce the amount if you want less "heaty"
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shao Hsing)
- 1/2 tbsp ginger juice grate ginger and squeeze the pulp
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Combine chicken with marinade (A) in a deep plate. Refrigerate covered for at least an hour if possible.
- Scatter sliced ginger, cut fungus and diced salted fish over the chicken.
- Steam at high heat for about 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Drizzle some soup over the chicken and serve with white rice.
Leave a Comment
38 Responses to “Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish”
Pingback: Favourite Recipes of 2011 - Happy 2012!
Pingback: Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish & Black Fungus Recipe | Spring Tomorrow Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish & Black Fungus Recipe | Savouring the Little Moments in Life | Singapore Lifestyle, Cooking & Food Blog