Sauteed Kale Recipe Stir-fry Asparagus in XO Sauce Recipe Oyster Sauce Vegetables in Garlic Oil Recipe Crispy Garlic Oil Recipe Perfectly Seared Scallops Recipe Stir-fried Asaparagus with Scallop Recipe

Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor

Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe

First posted in Aug 2009, updated in Mar 2017.

I always have a bottle of DOM liquor at home thanks to my mum. She told me that D.O.M wine is very nutritious, improves general well being and helps one to sleep better. Perhaps she saw that I am perpetually tired from keeping late nights (playing games! haha). The problem is, I am never a fan of hard liquor so I barely touched it.

More Steamed Chicken Recipes:

And then I discovered cooking with D.O.M instead of drinking it neat. This steamed D.O.M chicken was the perfect solution for me. Not only was the chicken aromatic and tender, the D.O.M liquor became delicious after cooking – no more sharp alcohol taste, and instead, the soup had a pleasant sweet wine taste. I did not even need to add any salt after cooking, even though all I used was D.O.M and plain water. I was told that I had rosy cheeks after consuming this dish weekly for some time.

Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe

This recipe requires only 3 ingredients for the marinade – namely D.O.M, ginger juice and sesame oil. Try out this dish when you are feeling tired, and needed a homely, nutritious food boost.

66 Responses to “Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor”

1 2 3 4
  1. npm — August 12, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

good to see this delicious dish. i still have half a bottle of DOM sitting on the shelf for not-sure-how-long already! shall put it to good use.

2. HoppingHammy — August 12, 2009 @ 9:19 pm

First comment! Woo-hoo!

This was very interesting to read, as I’ve never heard of it. Looking over your past many blog entries, I can say you will have no problem with looking young as you age, because you eat healthier and more natural then anyone I know!

Photos are lovely too! :XO:

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 9:04 am

I eat lots of junkie stuff too … just that I didn’t post them here, haha :D You are so funny :)

3. daphne — August 12, 2009 @ 10:18 pm

I’m sold on this too. I have two bottles of DOM because my grandma said it is good for me but I rarely use it unless I am soaking some raisins for fruit cake.

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 9:07 am

Oh can use DOM to soak raisins? I thought people usually use rum, I’ll try it out next time :halo:

4. HoppingHammy — August 12, 2009 @ 10:24 pm

Darn! My comment was posted too late. Oh well, I tried. :|

5. ladyhomechef — August 13, 2009 @ 12:41 am

Wow, this is definitely a cure for people like me – dry, dizzy, weak, cold. Everything bao kar liao in one bowl, how nice could it be:lol:

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 9:05 am

Yup, I’m also on the “weak” side and find that my I am less weak after consuming it. Yeah, it’s almost a one-dish-meal, just got to cook some rice to go with it :wink:

6. Ching — August 13, 2009 @ 2:24 am

Wow, didn’t know this is anti-aging too! Now I need to cook more with my DOM. Your pictures are beautifully taken!

7. Bob — August 13, 2009 @ 3:13 am

I’ve never had DOM, but I can certainly agree that consuming wine increases my general sense of well being. :D
    The soup sounds great too.

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 9:06 am

A little bit of wine in moderation is definitely good for the health :up:

8. lisaiscooking — August 13, 2009 @ 3:38 am

This sounds like a great dish. The dates, wolfberries, and mushrooms sound delicious in this.

9. mochachocolatarita — August 13, 2009 @ 10:49 am

ohhhh i want youthfullness and health also…ps. will this get me drunk? hehehe

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 2:06 pm

I don’t think so …. unless you have it together with a tall glass of DOM on the rocks? :lol:

10. Miffy — August 13, 2009 @ 11:05 am

i carted 2 bottles of dom from singapore in may for my pregnant sister.
    my mom will be cooking the same steam chicken dish after my sister give birth. apparently its good to keep the new mom’s body warm and helps produce lots of milk.

• wiffy replied: — August 13th, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

now this sounds like good confinement food for new moms as well, hehe :P

1 2 3 4