I love using the oven to bake savoury foods, because it is so convenient and splatter-free. In this recipe, the seafood is baked in the oven for 15 minutes. After baking, the tray will collect an incredibly delicious seafood broth which is tossed with the cooked spaghetti. You can call it a lazy or short-cut way of cooking aglio olio or vongole. You can use other types of seafood such as mussels and squid, and personally I will always add clams because they add a lot of umami depth to the seafood broth. While baking the seafood, I cooked the pasta, so this delicious pasta meal can be whipped up in about 30 minutes. Check page 2 for the step-by-step photos.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Seafood Spaghetti Recipe
- Serves: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
Using the oven to bake the seafood is an effortless and splatter-free way of cooking. The seafood juices collected in the baking dish adds a touch of umami deliciousness to this light-tasting seafood pasta.
- 250 grams clams (such as lala, asari, manila)
- 6 large prawns shells (leaving tail end) & veins removed
- 6 large scallops
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder optional; to taste
- 40 grams butter cubed
- 5 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- 120 grams spaghetti
- chilli flakes to taste
- 1-2 fresh or dried chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Scrub the clams thoroughly with a hard bristles brush. Soak the clams in salted water for at least an hour for the clams to purge out sand and impurities. Drain the water, rinse the clams and set aside.
- Arrange washed clams, prawns and scallops to occupy one layer of a wide oven-safe baking dish. Season with some salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Scatter cubed butter and sliced garlic over the seafood.
- Bake in pre-heated oven of 200°C for 15 minutes. Discard any clams that remain closed after cooking.
- While baking, cook spaghetti in a pot of salted boiling water. Drain cooked pasta and reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the seafood dish. Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley and chilli. If the pasta is too dry, add some pasta water to help bind the ingredients together. Drizzle some olive oil as a finishing touch before serving.
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|