Simple Sauteed Kale
Simple Sauteed Kale Recipe
The chilli flakes add a mild smokey and spicy depth to this simple sauteed kale dish. Adjust or omit it according to your preference.
For more tender kale, blanch them in a pot of boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes until wilted. Drain the blanched kale on a strainer and press out the excess liquids, before adding them to the pan in Step 2.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 75 grams coarsely-torn kale leaves*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp dried chilli flakes to taste
- 5 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock
*Leaves from approximately 5 large stalks of curly kale, de-stemmed.
- Cook the aromatics. Heat olive oil in a wide frying pan. Add shallots, garlic and chilli flakes; saute them in the pan, until the shallots turn soft & translucent.
- Add the kale. Add kale leaves and stir-fry briefly until the leaves are just wilted. Note: You can fold in the leaves in 2 or more batches if the pan is not big enough.
- Simmer the contents. Add chicken stock, cover the pan with lid and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the chicken broth is reduced.