Sambal Long Beans
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Hot & Spicy Recipes Salads & Vegetables Singapore & Malaysia Recipes Stir Frying
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sambal Long Beans Recipe
Belacan is pungent smelling. Open your windows and remove all laundry (if you have them in the kitchen) when you’re making this dish.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp sambal belachan (either home made or store bought)
- 2 tbsp water
- 200g long bean, ends trimmed and cut to 5 cm (2 inch) length
- salt to taste
(A) Dried shrimps paste
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps soaked in water until softened
- 5 shallots peeled
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- Finely chop or pulse (A) in electric grinder for a few seconds.
- Heat oil in wok. Add (A) and sambal belacan. Stir fry briefly until you can smell the aroma.
- Add long beans and water. Stir fry for a few minutes and mix well, until the water has evaporated and the long beans are well coated in the sambal sauce.
- Season with salt with needed. I did not add salt because my home made sambal belachan is already nicely salted. Serve with steamed rice.