Roasted Asparagus with Garlic, Lemon & Thyme
This is a simple recipe for roasted asparagus. I added lots of chopped garlic for the wonderful, garlicky taste while lemon and thyme complement the dish with their mild citrusy flavour. This is a delightful side dish which will complement any meal. Garlic, lemon & thyme are common ingredients used for roasting chicken or turkey, so if you have leftover of these ingredients, this is one additional fuss-free side dish you can make for the Christmas dinner.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 20 medium to thick stalk asparagus (do not use pencil-thin types)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, slightly mashed
- 3 thin slices lemon
- lemon juice
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme (for better results, dip them in hot water for 30 seconds before use)
- 2 dried bay leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Prepare the asparagus by trimming & discarding the bottom ends and removing the outer skin on the stalks. For step-by-step photos on how to prep asparagus, check out my detailed pictorial tutorial.
2. Coat asparagus with extra virgin olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Arrange asparagus spears one layer on a roasting tray. For convenience of cleaning, you can line the tray with aluminium foil.
3. Top asparagus with chopped garlic, lemon slices, thyme, bay leaves and garlic cloves. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice (not too much – you want a mild citrus flavour but not sour taste).
4. Roast the asparagus in pre-heated oven of 200C for about 20 minutes, or until the tips start to brown slightly.
- How to Prepare Asparagus (Step-by-Step Photos)
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|