Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
This is no-pride, lazy and short-cut cooking (my speciality) at its best – chicken rice, cooked in the rice cooker. I have made claypot chicken rice in the rice cooker before, so this is not new. Yes, I do have recipe for making steamed chicken rice the traditional way, but I reserve this recipe for days I know I will be super busy. All I need is 5 minutes to dump the ingredients in the rice cooker, and I let the rice cooker do the rest of the work – it really can’t get any easier than this. If you have have a bit more time to spare, you can make your own ginger and chilli sauces, as well as cook a quick vegetable side-dish such as oyster sauce vegetables for a complete meal.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Rice Cooker Chicken Rice Recipe
- Serves: 3
- Prep: 15 mins
Use half the amount of water you normally need to cook rice, as the juices from the chicken will drip down to the rice beneath as it cooks in the rice cooker.
If you would like to make your own chilli sauce and ginger sauce, check out the recipes here.
- 600 grams chicken thighs (or half chicken) if frozen, thaw before use; chopped to smaller pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken stock half the amount you normally use to cook rice; adjust accordingly
- 1-2 pandan leaves optional; tied in a knot
- 5 cloves garlic peeled if you are eating it
- 3 slices ginger
- salt to taste, if needed
- coriander and spring onions garnishing suggestion
- sliced cucumbers and tomatoes optional
- chilli sauce home-made (check out the link above) or store-bought
- ginger sauce home-made (check out the link above) or store-bought
- Add rice, chicken stock, pandan, garlic and ginger in the rice cooker. Top with chicken pieces. Cook the rice in the rice cooker. When the rice is cooked, season to taste with salt, if needed. Note: If your rice cooker cook within 30 minutes, let it keep warm for at least another 30-45 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop a bowl of chicken rice on plate. Place cooked chicken over the rice. Garnish with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, coriander and spring onions. Serve with ginger sauce and chilli sauce at the side.
Get more photos and cooking notes on page 2.
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|