Ravioli Pesto Recipe
This is a gourmet meal you can whip up quickly and easily using ready-made ravioli. You may also use tortellini in place of ravioli.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 7 mins
- 140 grams refrigerated ravioli
- 30 grams sweet basil leaves
- 20 grams toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1-2 fresh basil leaves shredded by hand garnishing
- Cook ravioli in salted, boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Reserve half a cup of pasta water.
- To make fresh pesto, blend basil, pine nuts, garlic and cheese until well combined. With the blender motor still running, gradually pour in extra virgin olive oil to achieve a thick, smooth consistency. If the pesto becomes too thick, add more oil. Alternatively, use a mortar and pestle to pound the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, or more cheese to taste.
- Mix cooked ravioli, pesto and about 1-2 tbsp pasta water; stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with shredded basil leaves before serving.