Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Creamy Pumpkin Soup

Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe, Served in a Mini Pumpkin Bowl!

First posted in Oct 2009, updated in Oct 2014

With Halloween just around the corner, this roasted pumpkin soup (and the adorable pumpkin soup bowl they are servedΒ  in) got to make its starry spotlight on the blog. I adore the taste of the natural pumpkin sweetness in this soup, which is further draw out by roasting the pumpkins beforehand.

See Also: Pumpkin Risotto Recipe

Using the basic pumpkin puree (made by blending the roasted pumpkin), I made two versions of soup with it – one which is chunkier (almost gravy like) for the one who loves chunky soups, and a creamier and smoother version (think cream of chicken type of consistency) for me. With the basic puree, you can adjust the amount of soup stock and cream added to achieve the consistency that you like.

Pumpkin Toast Recipe

I also spread some of the thick pumpkin puree on toasted baguette slices (pictured above) to accompany the soup. Yummy!

Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

To make pumpkin soup bowls, get mini pumpkins, carefully cut off the top, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and strings, and use a paring knife to scoop out the flesh out all round. I bought my mini pumpkin from Vivomart; you can also find them at selected Cold Storage or Jasons outlets (Singapore) during the Halloween season (month of October).

47 Responses to “Creamy Pumpkin Soup”

1. donna | missPixy — November 3, 2009 @ 2:13 am

wiffy, i swear you are the martha stewart of singapore!

these are beautiful, they belong on a magazine cover.

• wiffy replied: — November 3rd, 2009 @ 9:06 am

donna, you’re making me blush … I’m just a lousy noob cook hehe Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement :-)

2. The Sudden Cook — November 3, 2009 @ 11:30 am

That has got to be one of the prettiest things I’ve ever seen. Seriously. Wow!!!

3. dhanggit — November 3, 2009 @ 5:30 pm

heheh gorgeous soup in a gorgeous bowl!! lovely!!

4. Marysol — November 3, 2009 @ 10:55 pm

Delicious. I’ve made pumpkin soup in the tiny pumpkins before, but my recipe does not call for white wine. I think that would be a pretty darned good addition. I’ll have to try that this fall.

• wiffy replied: — November 5th, 2009 @ 7:33 pm

I find that white wine adds a really nice touch to western soups … hope you like it too ;)

5. Craft Passion — November 5, 2009 @ 10:09 am

Oh, my goodness. This is fabulous and it looks so yummy!!! I never thought of pumpkin can be a bowl and it is so mini… Great job and great photography!!!

• wiffy replied: — November 5th, 2009 @ 7:33 pm

It’s great to see you here! Thanks for your kind words :)

6. The Hungry Mouse — November 5, 2009 @ 10:18 am

Oh, I love them! Yum!

+Jessie

7. Lilacz — April 27, 2010 @ 4:52 pm

Hi

Is whipping cream the same as the thickened cream u mentioned in the recipe?
    Thanks for sharing..

• wiffy replied: — April 27th, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

Hi Lilacz, I don’t think it’s exactly the same thing but I think you can use whipping cream (whipped till it’s thick).

8. Pinkiebubbly — April 2, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

Hi! The chicken broth u mentioned in your receipe, is it the chicken stock diluted with water, which is as mentioned in the Cream of portobello mushroom soup receipe? Thanks! Anw your mushroom soup receipe is great! =)

• wiffy replied: — April 4th, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

Hi there, I meant normal chicken stock, either home made, or those tetra pak store bought ones. No need to dilute. The other one needs diluting because I was using concentrated mushroom sauce and the instructions stated to dilute with water to make the broth :)

9. Angeline — February 14, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

Made this soup for dinner tonight … Is totally awesome !!!

10. Angie@Angie's Recipes — October 15, 2014 @ 2:36 am

So creamy and smooth…and I love the vibrant golden colour.