10-Minute Matcha Latte Recipe Braised Tofu Recipe Tomato Eggs Recipe Chinese Salted Veg Duck Soup Recipe Simmered Pumpkin Japanese Recipe Szechuan Vegetable Duck Soup Recipe

Pumpkin Rice

Pumpkin Rice Recipe
First posted in Apr 2008, updated in Apr 2016.

I learnt to cook this homely pumpkin rice (南瓜饭) from my friend koalabear (thank you!). Not only is this pumpkin rice sweet and tasty, it also has a lovely bright and cheerful yellow hue when cooked.

More Rice Cooker Recipes:
"Claypot" Chicken Rice (Rice Cooker Recipe)

The buttery aroma of the rice blended perfectly with the sweet taste of pumpkin, which is softly mashed when cooked. The result is just heavenly deliciousness.

Pumpkin Rice Recipe

The cooking method is similar to my mum’s cabbage rice – involving stir-frying some of the ingredients in the wok and then tossing everything to cook in the rice cooker.

36 Responses to “Pumpkin Rice”

1. thoo2 — April 14, 2008 @ 12:10 am

i have tried pumpkin porriadge, think it is time to try pumpkin fried rice =)

2. wiffy — April 14, 2008 @ 2:28 pm

hi thoo2, thanks for visiting my blog! Coincidentally, I just made pumpkin congee last night! =)

3. ongchengimm — March 17, 2009 @ 10:49 pm

Hi Wiffy,
    I tried the chicken & mushroom baked rice & my 3 kids simply love it. thanks

4. wiffy — March 18, 2009 @ 12:41 pm

hi chengimm, thanks for your feedback, glad your kids love it =)

5. Min — May 3, 2009 @ 2:33 am

do you mean fry the rice grains? so we have to washed the rice and can still fry then when its still wet? hope u understand my question. :)

• wiffy replied: — May 3rd, 2009 @ 8:47 am

Hi Min … yes … wash the rice grains first (same way as how wash rice normally), then rinse the water, and fry the rice grains when they are still wet :)

6. reena — May 22, 2009 @ 1:35 am

I grew up eating pumpkin rice but not so “complicated” ie with lesser ingredients. After seeing your recipe, I cooked mine by adding wolfberries and mushrooms and I must say I like it. The combination is awesome.

1. Pingback: Pumpkin Porridge (Pumpkin Congee) |