With Halloween coming soon, I decided to soak in the festive mood by cooking with pumpkin, starting with these adorable pumpkin muffins. Because I don’t really have a sweet tooth, I always like the idea of having a savoury ingredient like pumpkin in something sweet like a muffin. If you want to prepare this in advance before Halloween, you can freeze the muffins in the freezer and toast them for about 5 minutes in the oven to warm them up before serving. This is always a huge time saver for me when I want a quick and fuss free breakfast.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
I’m pretty inexperienced at baking. For those who are experienced, could you tell me honestly if my muffins look ok? Are nicely baked muffins supposed to look like that? Also, they rise nicely when they are in the smaller cupcake cases as shown in the photos, but if I use the taller and bigger muffin cases, the batter do not cook well, and they will sink in the middle and then collapse. Does anyone know the reason for this? Your expertise is much appreciated.
On to the recipe now, if you still dare to follow a recipe shared by a noob hehe :)
Pumpkin muffins (with pumpkin smoothie in the background)
(Makes about 16 small muffins)
Adapted from 500 Cupcakes & Muffins by Fergal Connolly
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g caster sugar
- 110ml vegetable oil
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 110ml milk
- 150g pumpkin flesh, blended to a puree
1. Flour mixture: In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar together, and mix well.
2. Pumpkin mixture: In a large bowl, beat the oil, eggs and milk. Stir in the pumpkin puree.
3. Combine the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
4. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (each slightly more than 2/3 filled).
4. Bake for about 20 minutes in preheated oven of 175C (350F). Remove the muffins and cool on a rack for several minutes before serving.
Just for Fun:
I baked a mini one for my hamster Mario.
And he seemed pretty happy about it :D Read about it here.
More pumpkin recipes:
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|