Potato and Pork Stir-fry
Chinese-style Potato and Pork Recipe
In this recipe, russett potato is used as it is cheap, common, fragrant and fast cooking. If you do not take pork, feel free to substitute with chicken instead.
The potato's natural starch content thickens the sauce as the stew is cooking, but if you prefer, you can also use cornstarch solution at the end to thicken the sauce.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 80 grams minced pork
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 onion sliced roughly
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 russett potato peeled and sliced to 1/2 cm thickness
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetables (carrot, corn, pea & long bean) thaw before use
- coriander for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese wine
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- dashes of white pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fish sauce if not using fish sauce, use a bit more light soy sauce or a small pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinade minced pork with (A) for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan. Add onions and stir fry until they just start to soften. Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Push onions and garlic to side of the wok, then add marinaded minced pork. Stir fry pork until semi-cooked, breaking the meat to smaller bits with your spatula while doing so.
- Add potato slices and stir fry for two minutes. Add (B), stirring to coat everything evenly in the sauce, then cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the thawed vegetables half way through cooking time. Add hot water any time the simmering sauce runs dry. Season to taste and garnish with coriander.