by wiffy on March 4, 2013
Thai Pineapple Rice Recipe
- Serves: 2-3 as a main dish
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
To serve this dish in a cutout "pineapple bowl", half a pineapple lengthwise and hollow out the flesh without cutting through the skin. Set aside the flesh of half pineapple to cook this dish.
Tumeric is permanently staining on clothes, certain materials (such as plastic bowls) and surfaces. Use non-staining crockery and cookware. I use an old wok and spatula specifically for cooking anything with tumeric in it.
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ikan bilis or chicken seasoning powder
- 350 grams cooked long grain rice refrigerated overnight
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 30 grams butter
- 3 shallots peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 heaped tsp shrimp paste
- 6 prawns peeled, de-veined and diced
- 100 grams boneless chicken breast cut to bite-sized pieces; marinate with 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1/4 tsp light soy sauce
- 100 grams diced pineapple flesh may use fresh or canned
- 2 tbsp roasted cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp dried raisins
- pork or chicken floss
- Combine tumeric, pineapple juice, fish sauce and seasoning powder in a non-stain bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in wok, stir fry shallot and garlic for about 30 seconds or until the shallots start to soften.
- Add shrimp paste, stir fry for about 1 minute until you smell the pungent aroma.
- Add chicken and stir fry until they just turn opaque. Add prawns, stir fry until semi-cooked.
- Add rice and pour the sauce (step 1) over. Stir fry until the rice grains are dry and evenly-coated in the sauce.
- Add pineapple, cashew nuts, raisins and stir fry for another minute or two. Ladle pineapple rice to serving bowl and garnish with meat floss and coriander.
1. For best results when cooking fried rice, use cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight. If you do not like the idea of overnight rice , you can also use freshly cooked rice which has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Refrigerating the rice keeps the grains dry so that they won’t stick to each other during stir frying.
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|