Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Perfect Scrambled Eggs

Perfect Scrambled Eggs Recipe

Check Out: Creme Brulee Recipe

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay may be known to be mean, but he also makes a mean meal of scrambled eggs as well. I saw his recipe at lifehacker which also comes with a youtube video demonstrating how he does his scrambled eggs. I tried the recipe and it sure was a winner – the scrambled eggs are of a nice velvety and creamy consistency. He uses interesting techniques such as only whisking the eggs in the pan and seasoning them only at the end – who would have guess that these are the secrets to perfect scrambled eggs? ;)

Perfect Scrambled Eggs Recipe

Gordon Ramsay’s Perfect Scrambled Eggs Tips

• Whisk the eggs only when they are in the pan.
  • Give the eggs a break from the heat once they get going, so they can combine and avoid drying out.
  • Season the eggs right at the end. If you season them in the beginning, the salt will break down the eggs and they may turn watery.

45 Responses to “Perfect Scrambled Eggs”

1. Juliana — November 11, 2009 @ 11:17 am

Yes, simple and perfect…the addition of the creme is a must for a nice scramble eggs. Great pictures!

2. Susan — November 12, 2009 @ 8:02 pm

Lovely, light breakfast, Wiffy. And charming photos, too. :up: I’d much rather dine at your place than Ramsay’s. I understand he can curdle eggs just by looking at them. :vangry:

• wiffy replied: — November 12th, 2009 @ 11:35 pm

Really! Gordon’s gonna be really angry with me now. LOL at your comment :D

3. i-love-to-eat — November 15, 2009 @ 12:57 pm

tried the recipe! it’s yummy even though i didn’t add in any of the cream you mentioned. i guess after adding it will taste even better!

by the way, may i know where did you buy the glass bottle which you use to contain the goat milk? thanks!

• wiffy replied: — November 16th, 2009 @ 9:32 am

hello, glad u like the recipe :) I bought the glass bottle from Daiso Singapore.

4. eggs — November 20, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

my perfect scrambled eggs are achieved by beating VERY lightly and softly in the bowl first (3-4beats). When pouring in the pan I used a wooden spatula to continuously go at opposite poles direction (12 and 6 O’clock, 9 and 3 o’clock, 10 and 4, 2 and 8, repeat) and stop when its still moist, curdled and fluffy! yum

• wiffy replied: — November 20th, 2009 @ 1:39 pm

yum! sounds like a really nice and simple method too! thanks for sharing.

5. Soo — March 7, 2010 @ 2:06 am

made these this morning! it was sooo good. :)
    thanks for sharing~

6. James T. — January 4, 2012 @ 7:47 am

So I tried this recipe and here are my results:
    1.  I completely agree with the taking of the flame philosophy 4 or 5 times, I really kept the eggs cooked at the right temperature and they did not taste burnt.
    2.  I didn’t add enough salt at the end (and I don’t have chives), but I also used a whipping cream.  There was still a lot of flavor and it made the eggs consistency really easy to eat.
    3.  OMG 2 eggs turned into a dollop of mash potatoes, it really was a fast eat.
    4.  Overall they were a tasty and creamy variation of eggs, I felt like adding a bit of cheese or onions at the end to complement the creamy consistency (and add a few more bites than to what I had).

Try it if you’ve never had creamy eggs before, it doesn’t take long and clean-up isn’t too bad!  I also recommend watching the ramsey vid before trying.

7. Aaron Swartz — August 6, 2012 @ 12:31 am

I can’t figure out how to get the heat right — the eggs always come off as either over or undercooked. Any more tips for what to watch for?