Perfect Scrambled Eggs
Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay may be known to be mean, but he also makes a mean meal of scrambled eggs as well. I saw his recipe at lifehacker which also comes with a youtube video demonstrating how he does his scrambled eggs. I tried the recipe and it sure was a winner – the scrambled eggs are of a nice velvety and creamy consistency. He uses interesting techniques such as only whisking the eggs in the pan and seasoning them only at the end – who would have guess that these are the secrets to perfect scrambled eggs? ;)
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 4 eggs (see cooking note 1)
- 1/2 tbsp crème fraîche (see cooking note 2)
- small knob of butter (roughly 20g)
- chopped chives
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Break eggs in a saucepan and add butter. Do not whisk the eggs or season them at this point.
2. Turn on the flame and whisk the eggs in the pan using the spatula.
3. Keep stirring the egg mixture, and as soon as it starts to thicken a little, get it off the heat and continue stirring.
4. Alternate between stirring the eggs while they are on and off the heat, repeat a few times (about 3-4) until the scrambled eggs are of the right consistency (creamy and fluffy).
5. Take the eggs off the heat, mix in crème fraîche to cool it down, season with salt and pepper and fold in some chopped chives.
Gordon Ramsay’s Perfect Scrambled Eggs Tips:
- Whisk the eggs only when they are in the pan.
- Give the eggs a break from the heat once they get going, so they can combine and avoid drying out.
- Season the eggs right at the end. If you season them in the beginning, the salt will break down the eggs and they will turn watery.
1. The original recipe calls for 3 eggs per person, I reduce it to 2 eggs per person to suit my preference.
2. If you cannot find crème fraîche (I saw it at Cold Storage Centrepoint Singapore, but quite expensive), you can substitute with fresh cream, thickened cream, heavy cream or sour cream.
3. I had my scrambled eggs with parmesan toast. To do this, mix equal amount of butter and grated parmesan cheese, spread the mixture over my baguette and toast it in the oven till its warm.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|