Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Osmanthus Jelly

Osmanthus Jelly Recipe

When I was in Hong Kong 2 weeks ago, one of my shopping missions was to buy some dried osmanthus flowers to bring back to Singapore (update: it’s now easy to buy them locally).

See Also: Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly Recipe

I wanted to make a refreshing and healthy osmanthus flower tea jelly (桂花糕) with it. I love the wonderful aroma of the flowers, which is distinctive and yet, gentle at the same time.

Osmanthus Jelly Recipe

79 Responses to “Osmanthus Jelly”

1 3 4 5
  1. Amanda — March 16, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

Hello, I just want to ask do u add malic acid to it??

• wiffy replied: — March 16th, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

Hi … no, I didn’t.

• Amanda replied: — March 17th, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Hi, can I ask y u didn’t add malic acid?? I thought if make jelly need to add malic acid?!

• wiffy replied: — March 17th, 2012 @ 10:58 pm

the konnyaku jelly powder I use (see photo above) is a premix, there is no need to add anything else. personally, I am not familiar with adding malic acid to make jelly.

• Amanda replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 10:16 am

so do i need to add?? Because my konnyaku jelly powder inside got one packet of malic acid…n it doesn’t say its premix…

• wiffy replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 10:49 am

should be… I googled and found out malic acid is to make the jelly solidify faster. Check out the packaging instructions…

• Amanda replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 11:45 am

Okay… And the packaging instruction say need to add malic acid so i just follow the instruction??

2. Icecream Cone — January 29, 2013 @ 10:25 pm

They look so pretty, Wiffy! :) I would love to try them sometime. Your pictures are beautiful and always have been, by the way!

• wiffy replied: — January 30th, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

Thanks Icecream Cone :)

• NSM replied: — February 20th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Just to check do we need to rinse the osmanthus flower?

• wiffy replied: — February 20th, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

yes, better to rinse before use.

3. SY — May 1, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

I was inspired by your blog and tried this today. But the flowers sink to the bottom of the jelly while the wolf berries sink to the bottom. How can I make them evenly distributed in the jelly?

4. kevin — December 13, 2013 @ 1:23 am

Hi! I came across your website as I’m looking to buy dried osmanthus flowers in hk. Can I ask where you bought yours? Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — December 13th, 2013 @ 11:08 am

we bought it from the seafood street. You need to check price before buying. If you are from Singapore, the flowers are sold at Fu Hua.

5. angelmoon — November 22, 2014 @ 11:31 pm

I bought a packet of dried osmanthus flower. Can it be kept in the fridge? How long can it be kept? When the flowers turn brown, can I still use it?

• wiffy replied: — November 24th, 2014 @ 2:41 pm

I kept mine in the freezer for a long time (years) without any change in colour. Personally I will discard if I notice any colour change.

1 3 4 5