Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe

Osmanthus Jelly

Osmanthus Jelly Recipe

When I was in Hong Kong 2 weeks ago, one of my shopping missions was to buy some dried osmanthus flowers to bring back to Singapore (update: it’s now easy to buy them locally).

See Also: Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly Recipe

I wanted to make a refreshing and healthy osmanthus flower tea jelly (桂花糕) with it. I love the wonderful aroma of the flowers, which is distinctive and yet, gentle at the same time.

Osmanthus Jelly Recipe

77 Responses to “Osmanthus Jelly”

1 3 4 5
  1. Amanda — March 16, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

Hello, I just want to ask do u add malic acid to it??

• wiffy replied: — March 16th, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

Hi … no, I didn’t.

• Amanda replied: — March 17th, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Hi, can I ask y u didn’t add malic acid?? I thought if make jelly need to add malic acid?!

• wiffy replied: — March 17th, 2012 @ 10:58 pm

the konnyaku jelly powder I use (see photo above) is a premix, there is no need to add anything else. personally, I am not familiar with adding malic acid to make jelly.

• Amanda replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 10:16 am

so do i need to add?? Because my konnyaku jelly powder inside got one packet of malic acid…n it doesn’t say its premix…

• wiffy replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 10:49 am

should be… I googled and found out malic acid is to make the jelly solidify faster. Check out the packaging instructions…

• Amanda replied: — March 19th, 2012 @ 11:45 am

Okay… And the packaging instruction say need to add malic acid so i just follow the instruction??

2. Icecream Cone — January 29, 2013 @ 10:25 pm

They look so pretty, Wiffy! :) I would love to try them sometime. Your pictures are beautiful and always have been, by the way!

• wiffy replied: — January 30th, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

Thanks Icecream Cone :)

• NSM replied: — February 20th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Just to check do we need to rinse the osmanthus flower?

• wiffy replied: — February 20th, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

yes, better to rinse before use.

3. SY — May 1, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

I was inspired by your blog and tried this today. But the flowers sink to the bottom of the jelly while the wolf berries sink to the bottom. How can I make them evenly distributed in the jelly?

4. kevin — December 13, 2013 @ 1:23 am

Hi! I came across your website as I’m looking to buy dried osmanthus flowers in hk. Can I ask where you bought yours? Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — December 13th, 2013 @ 11:08 am

we bought it from the seafood street. You need to check price before buying. If you are from Singapore, the flowers are sold at Fu Hua.

1 3 4 5