Portobello Stuffed Spinach Recipe Bacon Wrapped Enoki Recipe Tonjiru Recipe (Japanese Pork Soup) konnyaku(konjac) Instant Dashi Braised Mushrooms Recipe

My Recipes on Easy Steamed Dishes

Screenshot of my recipes on

I wrote 3 new recipes (freelance assignment) for’s feature on “easy steamed dishes”.

Check out the full story and the recipes:

Steamed Sake chicken
Steamed scallops with ginger & scallions
Steamed stuffed cabbage roll

I hope you enjoy them :)

20 Responses to “My Recipes on Easy Steamed Dishes”

1. tigerfish — January 14, 2011 @ 10:55 am

I love love love steamed dishes! Did I mention in your cabbage soup post that I steamed cabbage recently? Yes, just cabbage – not cabbage rolls with stuffing. Sometimes, I think a little creativity can be sparked by laziness. Kekekke.

Your cabbage looks very “green”.

• wiffy replied: — January 14th, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

I cannot stomach plain cabbage yet – a bit similar to my fear of beansprouts but slightly better. Need a lot of ingredients and seasonings to mask the taste. oh yea… I actually went shopping for the greenest cabbage I could find and found it at Giant :p

2. wiffy — January 14, 2011 @ 12:40 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind and encouraging comments!

3. amikurotsuchi — January 14, 2011 @ 10:46 pm

Im a big fan of Napa cabbage and steamed dimsum..
    It is like a super mashup! Im so glad you post this is easy to make, very healthy..since my 5yo daughter hates deep fried food and her choice of veggies is limited to carrot, spinach, and broccoli.
    Thank you!

• wiffy replied: — January 17th, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

thanks for your note, hope you and your daughter enjoy this dish :)

4. juhuacha — January 14, 2011 @ 11:15 pm

Where can I buy scallop with shell? Do I need to scrub the shell? Thanks for introducing healthy food.

• wiffy replied: — January 17th, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

hi juhuacha, I bought mine at Giant hypermart, frozen section (do thaw before use). I did not scrub the shell, only blanch them in hot water, but you can if you want to :)