This is a meatless and deliciously light-tasting mushroom pasta recipe. My family named this dish as “spectacular spaghetti” – proving that sometimes the simplest recipe can be the most delicious. Since the base ingredients are only garlic and olive oil, this is something similar to a mushroom aglio olio. I love to cook easy one-dish meals like this on weekdays when I don’t have too much time to prepare dinner. Besides the fresh mushrooms, most of the other ingredients are what I usually have in the fridge or pantry, so this is also a good dish to make whenever I am low on fresh foods supply. In this recipe, I used fresh button mushrooms but feel free to use your favourite mushrooms or even a variety mushroom pack to make things more interesting. If you love mushrooms pasta, check out another family favourite – Marmite pasta with mushrooms.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
A deliciously light-tasting & meatless mushroom pasta recipe.
- 2 servings of spaghetti or your favourite pasta about 140-160grams
- 200 grams fresh button or favourite mushrooms stalks trimmed and sliced thinly
- 10 cloves garlic peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (or substitute with finely chopped chilli padi)
- 20 grams butter cubed
- 20 grams Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped (may substitute with dried parsley flakes)
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to the timing indicated on the packet, until al dente. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving a small cup of the pasta water.
- Heat saucepan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add mushrooms, a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir fry or saute until cooked, about 3 minutes. Set aside cooked mushrooms on a plate.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in the same pan, add garlic and chilli padi/chilli flakes (if using). Saute the garlic until it starts to turn light golden brown.
- Turn off the stove. The garlic will continue cooking in the hot oil on its own for a few more seconds in the hot oil, until they turn a lovely golden brown. Melt cubed butter in the garlic & oil mixture.
- Add cooked pasta, chopped parsley, cooked mushrooms, sea salt and black pepper (to taste). Toss to coat all the ingredients evenly, adding some reserved pasta water to help the ingredients bind together.
(Get the step-by-step photos, ingredients list and cooking notes on page 2)
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|