Lotus Root Soup
Lotus Root Soup Recipe
In this recipe, the peanuts will be slightly crunchy, so if you prefer soft peanuts, simmer the soup for a bit longer.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
- 2 sections (about 400g) lotus root wash to get rid of the soil
- 250g pork ribs
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 carrot peeled and cut to small chunks
- 6 dried scallops optional
- 1 dried cuttlefish optional
- 10 dried pitted red dates
- 100g de-shelled raw peanuts
- salt to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin from the lotus root and cut to 1 cm slices.
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, rinse blanched pork pieces in water and set aside.
- In a pot, add water, lotus roots and the rest of the ingredients except salt. Simmer for 40 minutes, or until the pork is tender. For best results, keep warm in a thermal pot until ready to serve. Season with salt.