Linguine in White Clam Sauce
This is another quick and easy recipe pasta recipe, appealing to the lazy cook in me. Since clams cook really quickly, I love the fact that I can whip up this one-dish meal in about 20 minutes. The actual cooking time for clams is less than 5 minutes – overcooking is a no-no and will result in chewy and rubbery clams. I really love to cook such pasta dishes at home – not only are they easy to prepare, the ingredients are relatively cheap as well, making it really economical to enjoy it often at home.
Like Us on Facebook
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes directly in your email box:
Linguine in White Clam Sauce Recipe
Remember not to overcook the clams (no longer than 5 minutes) as they will taste rubbery as a result.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 250 grams clams such as manila clams, asari clams or lala clams
- 1 serving (about 60-80 grams) linguine
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 glass white wine
- a small knob butter
- 50 grams Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Scrub clams with a hard brush, then soak in salted water for at least an hour for the clams to purge out sand and impurities. Drain and rinse clams.
- Cook linguine according in boiling salted water until al dente (usually about 2-3 minutes minus package indicated timing). Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in pan, saute garlic until light golden brown, then add the clams. Add pepper flakes and wine; let the wine evaporate. Cover with lid and allow the clams to steam for about 3 minutes, or until all the shells open, shaking the pan occasionally. Discard any clams that remain closed.
- Toss pasta with clams, butter, freshly chopped parsley and an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to bind everything together. Season with salt and pepper.