Lemongrass Tea Recipe
If you follow this recipe exactly, you may find that the drink is not sweet at all, and it is intentionally so, as I personally feel it tastes best with only a tiny hint of sweetness. Feel free to adjust the rock sugar to your preference.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 150 grams lemongrass (serai) pounded to release the flavour
- 5 pandan (screwpine) leaves tied in a knot
- 5 slices ginger
- 1.8 litres water
- 40 grams rock sugar or honey rock sugar to taste
- In a pot, add the ingredients except rock sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add rock sugar and stir until dissolved. Discard lemongrass stalks, ginger and pandan. Drink warm or chilled.
Noob Cook Tips
- Pound the lemongrass using a pestle so that the flavour will be released during cooking.
- You can add cooked sago to the drink for added texture.
- You can add squeezed juice of 1-2 limes to the tea for a varied taste.