This is another easy idea for any leftover roast Chicken or turkey you may have from your Christmas dinner (or any meal). It’s basically just leftover chicken breast, honey mustard sauce, veggies and melted cheese sandwiched in warmly toasted pita bread. You might be wondering why I didn’t stuff the ingredients inside the pita pocket – well believe it or not, I only realised quite recently that the pita pockets are meant for stuffing … I’m so slow! Previously I have been using pita bread all along as a short-cut pizza base. Well, I guess I’m not called a noob cook for nothing :)
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- pocket pita breads
- roasted chicken breast, thick slices
- home-made honey wholegrain mustard sauce
- veggies such as lettuce, finely shredded carrots, tomato wedges, corn nibblets or cucumber slices
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Slit pita bread around the edges to form pockets and stuff the pockets with the ingredients.
2. Alternatively (non-stuffing method), place the ingredients to occupy half of the pita bread as shown above, then fold over and place in a tight fitting plate.
3. Toast in the oven (at about 200C) for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|