Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
I simply love prawns (or better known as shrimps in some parts of the world). This dish – combining ketchup, tomatoes and prawns – is such an easy, fuss free and yummy way of cooking prawns. I love the gravy over my steamed rice too.
Credits: Adapted from philliptan’s ketchup prawns
– 10 large prawns, shells & veins removed (leaving the tail end intact)
— 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
– 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
– 1/4 cup of ketchup, mixed with 25 ml of water
– 1 chilli, deseeded and cut to long strips (retain some chilli seeds if you want spicier)
– 1 small tomato, cut to small chucks
1. Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic & chilli until the garlic just starts to change colour.
2. Add prawns and stir fry briefly until they are almost cooked.
3. Add the ketchup liquid and tomato wedges. Stir evenly and let the sauce simmer briefly. Serve with steamed rice.
Note: You can stir in a beaten egg to cook at step 3 if you like.