Bean Paste Eggplant Recipe Sacha Pork Stir-fry Recipe Hot & Sour Lemon Prawns Recipe How to de-vein shell-on prawns Shiitake Mushroom Stew Recipe Stir-fry Cucumber, Mince & Prawn Recipe

Honey Baked Chicken Wings

honey baked wings

These Chinese-style chicken wings tasted deliciously like bbq chicken wings and were cooked the fuss-free way, entirely in the oven. The marinade ingredients – honey, oyster sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce – are pantry staples in a Chinese kitchen. The secret to great tasting oven grilled chicken wings, to me, is to rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack so that the excess oil can drip onto a foil-lined tray beneath (see photo of oven set up on page 2). Otherwise, the part of the chicken touching the roasting tray will be soggy and oily.

See Also:
Baked Marmite Chicken Wings Recipe

Although they are baked/roasted in the oven, these wings have a beautiful sticky glaze due to cameralisation of the honey.  We always fight over the last few pieces at the dinner table.

honey baked wings

67 Responses to “Honey Baked Chicken Wings”

1 2 3 5
  1. Joey — April 4, 2012 @ 4:44 pm

Hi Noobcook,

I was browsing through your website and you’ve just posted this recipe and it looks very yummy.

Btw, do you have the recipe for your chilli sauce? It looks yummy too. :)

Thanks.
    Joey

• wiffy replied: — April 4th, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

Hi Joey, thanks! I’m using the bottled chilli sauce I bought from Pu Tien restaurant, SG.

2. tigerfish — April 4, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Love chicken wings almost any style! :) I will fight for the middle joint then the end tip! Not a fan of drummette. :p

3. Jasmine — April 4, 2012 @ 6:50 pm

Hi Wiffy,

Can this be used for bbq chicken wings too? As in, on the real BBQ pit type cus’ I’m looking for a good chicken wing marinade for my chalet bbq.

• wiffy replied: — April 5th, 2012 @ 11:31 am

Hi Jasmine, yes you can – marinade it overnight in a sealed container, refrigerated, for best results. You can test the recipe first with small quantity in the oven before that.

4. Platanos, Mangoes and Me! — April 4, 2012 @ 9:15 pm

They are so juicy looking…lately I have been in the mood for chicken wings….this recipe I like.

5. happy new cook — April 4, 2012 @ 9:43 pm

Hi Noobcook,

Looking forward to trying this recipe. Looks yummy! Yes, the coca cola wings and buffalo wings are delicious.
    Tks!

• wiffy replied: — April 5th, 2012 @ 11:34 am

hehe, you tried them both already? hope you like this one as well :)

6. Bob — April 4, 2012 @ 11:13 pm

Ooo, those look perfect! Love how simple the recipe is too, although I’m skeptical that 6 wings would be enough for 2 people. ;)

7. Ann@Anncoo Journal — April 5, 2012 @ 1:25 am

Looks very delicious! I think I can use my air fryer to make this :)

8. Angie@Angie's Recipes — April 5, 2012 @ 2:38 am

Love those honey baked chicken wings! Beautiful colour..almost shined through my screen. :-)

9. Robert Richards Recipes — April 6, 2012 @ 1:34 am

Are you kidding me? This recipe sounds and looks totally delicious! This is going on my list of recipes to make over the next week. ;-)

10. Little Corner of Mine — April 6, 2012 @ 11:10 am

Delicious! I like it with honey too, sweet and savory, perfect match!

1 2 3 5