Honey Baked Chicken Wings
Honey Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
These Chinese-style baked chicken wings tasted deliciously just like barbequed chicken wings and are cooked entirely in the oven. Serve with your favourite chilli sauce and lime at the side.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 6 chicken wings about 500 grams
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- Prepare the wings by cutting to 3 portions at the joint (drummette, mid joint and end tip). Freeze the end tips for making chicken stock. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Marinade chicken with the rest of the ingredients for at least half an hour or overnight.
- Arrange chicken pieces on wire rack with foil-lined tray beneath. Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 25 minutes or until chicken turns golden brown, basting with remaining marinade and turning once halfway.
Noob Cook Tips
- You may also use the mid-joint or drumlette cut for this recipe.
- Rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack so that the excess oil can drip onto a foil-wrapped tray beneath. Otherwise, the part of the chicken touching the roasting tray will be soggy and oily.