Home made Pancakes with Fruits
This is the first time I’m making pancakes and it was fun and to my surprise, the pancakes are actually edible. You see, I am completely hopeless when it comes to recipes involving flour & batter (meaning I can’t bake to save my life), so I am pretty pleased that a) on first inspection the pancakes look like pancakes (almost), and b) on further inspection, they taste like pancakes.
Pancakes look so cheery to me when topped with all kinds of wonderful foods – a great way to uplift moods & kick start a day!
(makes 8 pancakes)
Credit: This recipe is taken entirely from here.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or plain flour)
– 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– 1 1/4 cups milk
– 1 egg
– 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
You can use fruits, ice cream, cereals and nuts as toppings for your pancakes, and also drizzle some maple syrup to sweeten if desired. Since I don’t have maple syrup, I substituted with using honey that’s diluted with just a little bit of water at room temperature.
– Totally Experimental (click for photo) – I use kiwi honey which my mum bought for me from NZ to make the syrup for one of the pancakes.
Leave a Comment
29 Responses to “Home made Pancakes with Fruits”
Pingback: Pancakes Pancakes! | ohpoppu