Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe Philips Airfryer Giveaway

Ginger and Scallions Chicken

Ginger & Scallions Chicken

Check Out: Ginger Scallions Pork Recipe

Chicken with Ginger & Scallions (姜葱鸡肉) a homely and humble dish which my mum cooked almost weekly since we were young, and I still love eating it. It is the chicken version of her stir-fry pork with ginger and scallions recipe. If I do not want to think of what to cook, I know I can fall back on timeless everyday classics (家常菜) like this dish – it is easy, cheap and delicious. This type of food is what I truly call the taste of home – almost every Chinese family have their family recipe for this dish. I particularly like to drizzle the savoury gravy over my rice … good to the last drop!

Ginger & Scallions Chicken

36 Responses to “Ginger and Scallions Chicken”

1. Jessica Eng via Facebook — March 7, 2012 @ 12:37 pm

Oh ya! Checking steps now!

2. yng yng — March 7, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

Looks so good!! May I ask something not quite relevant? What is the brand of your wok/pan? I’m in search of a good one. :)

3. MaryMoh — March 7, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

Love this with rice….lots of rice :D

4. Tammy Tan via Facebook — March 7, 2012 @ 8:41 pm

hi, where can I buy 5 spice powder and star anise etc spices for the tau you bak recipe? Thanks in advance.

5. NoobCook via Facebook — March 7, 2012 @ 10:24 pm

Hi Tammy, you can find them at supermarket (dried foods section), or Chinese provision shops.

6. Howard of San Francisco — March 8, 2012 @ 9:17 am

Wiffy,

Thanks again for what looks to another mouth-watering dish, Stir-fry Chicken with Ginger and Scallion. Could fresh mushrooms (white or shitake) be substituted for the canned straw mushrooms?

• wiffy replied: — March 8th, 2012 @ 9:33 am

Hi Howard, yes you can but add them earlier at step 2, to stir fry with the chicken. the canned mushrooms were already cooked hence added later.

7. mochachocolatarita — March 8, 2012 @ 10:15 am

oh my gawddddd this would be perfect with riceeee. riceeeeeeeee <3

8. TasteHongKong — March 8, 2012 @ 1:03 pm

Again, a lovely recipe with easy-to-follow photos!

9. Stephanie — March 8, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

ohh this sounds tasty and not too hard! I’m going to add it to my pinterest board so that I remember to try it :)

10. Christine's Recipes — March 8, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

Chicken, ginger and scallion are perfect partners to make chinese dishes.
    I sometimes stir-fry, sometimes steam. Yours look so tempting. Oh, hungry now. Have to cook dinner right now.