This is the garlic bread which I made to go with my potato and leek soup. I mixed some roasted garlic puree with parmesan cheese, butter and parsley to use as a spread for the sliced baguette and then toasted the bread in the oven for about 10 minutes. Very easy and I don’t have to rely on store-bought garlic spread all the time. Because the garlic has been roasted before, this garlic bread is on the sweeter and less pungent side (I like the normal pungent garlic bread as well, this is just a different taste).
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 3 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- 20g unsalted butter, cubed and melted at room temperature
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped finely
- baguette, sliced
1. Roast whole garlic bulbs in the oven for about 40 minutes at 200C (392F). In order to maximize the use of energy, since the garlic takes up little space in the oven, I do that together whenever I am baking something else, such as roast chicken. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, cut off the top and squeeze out the puree.
2. Mix roasted garlic puree, parmesan cheese, butter, salt, pepper and parsley well in a small bowl. Spread over sliced baguette. Toast in oven of 200C for about 10 minutes, or until the edges started to brown a little.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|