Fun with Pita Pizza – Seafood Pita Pizza
A simple and lazy recipe for the weekend. This is another one of my quick fix, no-pride cooking pizza on the go. Using the shortcut method of using pita bread as pizza crust , this short-cut pizza delight can be whipped up in 15 minutes: 5 minutes to prepare & assemble, and 10 minutes to bake. For more information about pita pizzas, check out my detailed write-up here.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
(makes 1 pita pizza)
- 1 pita bread
- pizza sauce or tomato-based pasta sauce
- a few prawns (shrimps), shells removed and halved (lengthwise)
- a small piece of squid, cut to rings
- a few pitted black olives, cut to rings
- parsley leaves (western type), chopped finely (optional)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
(for step by step photos on how to assemble this pizza, refer to this post)
1. Place a piece of pita bread on a flat oven-safe tray.
2. Spread some pizza sauce (you can also use tomato-based pasta sauce) evenly over the pita bread using the back of a spoon.
3. Add a generous layer of cheese, and arrange prawns, squids and black olives evenly all over the pita bread. If you like the toppings to be covered with some cheese (see photo below), add a thin layer of cheese over the toppings. Add some shredded parsley leaves for for garnishing if you like.
4. Bake in preheated oven of 200C (392F) for roughly 12 to 14 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the seafood is cooked. Serve with tobasco sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
You can also pre-cook the seafood if you like to shorten the baking time. For instance, you can microwave them for a few seconds on high (it’s ok if they are only partially cooked since you baking them later) before topping the pizza. For me, I slice the prawns (by halving them) and squid thinly and do the entire baking in the oven.
Fancy more 15-minute pita pizza ideas?
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|