Fun with Pita Pizza – Hawaiian Pita Pizza
Hawaiian pizza is one of the most popular pizza flavours around. After all, what’s not to like about the fail-safe combination of ham and pineapples? Using the shortcut method of using pita bread as pizza crust & canned pineapples, this popular pizza delight can be whipped up in 15 minutes: 5 minutes to prepare & assemble, and 10 minutes to bake. For more information about pita pizzas, check out my detailed write-up here.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
(makes 1 pita pizza)
- 1 pita bread
- pizza or tomato-based pasta sauce
- pineapples, diced (you can use fresh pineapples or canned)
- ham slices, diced
- shredded mozzarella cheese
(for step by step photos on how to assemble this pizza, refer to this post)
1. Place a piece of pita bread on a flat oven-safe tray.
2. Spread some pizza sauce (you can also use tomato-based pasta sauce which was what I used in this case) evenly over the pita bread using the back of your spoon.
3. Arrange pineapples and ham evenly all over the pita bread, followed by a layer of cheese, followed by more pineapples & ham over the cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven of 200C (392F) for roughly 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve with tobasco sauce and grated parmesan cheese if you like.
Leftover pineapples and ham? Try my hawaiian baked rice recipe.
Fancy more 15-minute pita pizza ideas?
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|