Luncheon Meat Fried Rice
Luncheon Meat Fried Rice Recipe
Pan-frying the luncheon meat before adding to the fried rice definitely adds flavour to it; however, you may skip this step and use the luncheon meat straight from the tin (dice and add to the pan).
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 servings (200 grams) cooked rice refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 tin (about 200g or 8 slices) luncheon meat (spam/午餐肉) sliced thinly to half crescent pieces
- 1 egg beaten with 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn) microwave for 2 minutes; drain water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 shallots peeled & finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- chopped spring onions for garnishing
- Pan-fry the luncheon meat with a bit of oil until the meat is slightly browned on both sides. Dice the luncheon meat and set aside.
- Grease a wok or pan with a few drops of oil, and cook the egg by swirling the pan to spread it as thinly as possible. When both sides of the egg are cooked, take it out, dice the omelette and set aside.
- Heat oil, stir fry shallots and garlic until the shallots are translucent.
- Add rice and using the back of the spatula or tuner, break up all the rice lumps. Add light soy sauce, oyster sauce and stir fry until evenly mixed.
- Add thawed vegetables and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add luncheon meat and egg dices, mix well. Garnish with chopped spring onions before serving.
Noob Cook Tip:
Instead of overnight refrigerated rice, you can also use freshly cooked rice which has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours.