Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

French Toast

French Toast

Though I’m not a bread person, an exception is made for French Toast (also known as “eggy bread“), which is basically pan-fried bread slices dipped in a beaten egg mixture. I recall French Toast as the only western dish which my mum cooked for us in my childhood. This recipe though, is not my mum’s but from my secondary school’s Home Economics class.

See Also: Perfect Scrambled Eggs Recipe

I think my Home Econs teacher will be proud if she knew that after more than a decade after graduating, her student still remembered her recipe vividly! This is an easy and minimalist method for French Toast with only a few key ingredients, all of which are kitchen pantry staples (egg, bread, sugar, oil, milk). It is common to serve French Toast with maple syrup and some berries or fruits on the side; though personally, I enjoy French Toast the most when eating it on its own.

Printable Recipe
Tom Yum Chicken Wings (Step-by-Step)
Making French toast Whisk eggs, sugar and milk until well combined in a bowl.
Making French toast Dip the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time, until saturated on both sides.
French Toast Heat oil in cooking pan and either swirl the pan or use a pastry brush to coat the surface evenly with oil.
French Toast You may eat it on its own or serve it with one or more of the following: slice of butter, maple syrup, berries/cherry tomatoes and/or sprinkle some sugar on top of the bread.

12 Responses to “French Toast”

1. daphne — January 17, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

I haven’t had this in years! But what I want to try is with maple syrup!

2. tigerfish — January 18, 2013 @ 2:59 am

You still remember Home Econs recipe ?? WOAahhhh….:p
    My memory of Home Econs is vague. Can only remember I hated sewing classes and for cooking – I remember making pizza, curry puff, chicken macaroni.

3. masterofboots — January 18, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

I love french toast. Usually I would add a few drops of vanilla essence also to make the taste richer :)

4. Christine's Recipes — January 18, 2013 @ 6:51 pm

One of my most favourite breakfast to indulge myself ! Yummy !

5. ling — January 18, 2013 @ 8:23 pm

I was just thinking of this recipe recently and was looking for it online! Thanks for sharing! ^.^

6. Norma-Platanos, Mangoes and Me! — January 18, 2013 @ 11:47 pm

I cheat at times and make it fr desert using Irish Cream…to give it a kick!

7. Little Corner of Mine — January 19, 2013 @ 2:18 am

One of my comfort foods! My mom used to make it often for us.

8. MaryMoh — January 19, 2013 @ 5:06 am

Love this once in a while. It’s a long I have not made cos I had not been buying bread. Must try again one day. You have just brought my craving back :D

9. Edith C — January 21, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

This is one breakfast item that I rarely prepare. I wonder why as it is so easy and my kiddos love bread and egg.

10. Juliana — January 22, 2013 @ 11:38 am

Oh! You just reminded me that I have not had French toast for a while…yours look awesome, love the golden color of it.
    Have a great week Wiffy!