Stir-fried French Beans with Egg
by wiffy on May 7, 2012
Note: First posted in Dec 2007, now republished with improved photos and recipe.
This is a comfort food dish which I grew up eating, and basically the stir-fried version of my mum’s long beans omelette recipe. It is really simple to cook with only 3 main ingredients (french beans, egg and garlic), and especially enjoyable with a bowl of porridge. It is simple home-cooked dishes like this which I never get tired of eating all these years. I always try to keep some french beans in the fridge because I know I can whip up this healthy dish quickly (in about 15 minutes) and effortlessly, perfect for eating light or/and busy nights.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
French Beans with Egg Recipe
- Serves: 2-3
- Prep: 7 mins
- Cook: 7 mins
This is a quick and easy stir-fry with minimal ingredients; goes very well with porridge or rice.
- 1-2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- white pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 150 grams french beans (四季豆) ends trimmed and sliced diagonally to about 1-2cm length
- salt to taste
- Season beaten egg with light soy sauce and white pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add sliced French beans and a tiny pinch of salt to the wok, stir fry until the beans are almost cooked, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beans and stir-fry until the egg is no longer wet.
(Get more photos, cooking notes and ingredient list on page 2)
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|