Fish Cake Omelette
This is an unbelievably fast and easy recipe. I have a few fish cakes 鱼饼 in the fridge which I intend to pan-fry and eat with porridge for lunch. Then I remembered my mum used to whip my this simple fish cake omelette dish to go with plain porridge during our school days. So I rang her up and asked her how she made it, and she gave me the instructions in under one minute – there are really so few ingredients and steps. Ten minutes later, this omelette was cooked. Fish cakes and fried eggs are nice on their own, but when paired together, they are heavenly. My mum explained that minimal ingredients are needed since the fish cakes are already salty and flavourful on their own.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
As some readers have commented, for some reason this omelette looks and tastes slightly like Chinese carrot cake (chai tow kuey)! If you love Chinese-style omlette recipes, check out my mum’s preserved turnip (chai po) omelette and long bean omelette recipes.
Fish Cake Omelette Recipe
- Serves: 2-3
- Prep: 6 mins
- Cook: 6 mins
This is a super quick and easy recipe for fish cake omelette you can cook with just a few ingredients and under 15 minutes. Goes well with porridge.
- 3 eggs beaten
- a dash of white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2-3 fish cakes (鱼饼) (about 50g each), diced
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- Combine eggs, white pepper and light soy sauce in a small bowl; mix well.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry diced fish cakes for about a minute.
- Pour egg mixture over the fish cakes. Gently tilt the wok to ensure the fish cake dices are well coated in the egg. Cook a few minutes on one side until dry and nicely browned, then flip to the other side and do the same. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
(Get more photos, cooking notes and ingredient list on page 2)
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|