Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich
This is a really short and simple recipe. If you are making them for breakfast, you can prepare the hard boiled eggs the night before so that you cut down on the preparation time in the morning. I used to takeaway egg mayo sandwiches at a cafe near my place so I recreated this familiar taste at home based on my memory. I think it’s such a nice treat to have this on the breakfast table :)
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 3 hard boiled eggs*, egg whites chopped finely (I included 1 of the egg yolk and discarded the rest – it’s up to you)
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- a few romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Japanese mayo but you can use other types as well)
- 1 tsp mustard
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- soft white bread
- butter or margarine spread
* Directions for making hard boiled eggs
To cook perfect hard boiled eggs, place eggs in saucepan of cold water (enough water to cover eggs). Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes, off the flame and cover with lid for about 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold water till they are cooled. Crack the eggs gently with a spoon and remove shell. Cut in half.
Directions for making egg mayonnaise sandwich
1. In a bowl, mix evenly chopped egg, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Spread some butter margarine on a slice of bread.
3. Spread egg mayonnaise mixture you made in step 1, tomato slices and lettuce leaves. Top with another slice of bread. Cut into half diagonally if desired before serving.
1. If you are taking the sandwiches to a picnic or storing leftover sandwiches in the fridge, wrap each sandwich with cling wrap all round to preserve freshness.
2. For healthier choice, I only included the egg yolk of 1 egg but if you do not mind the cholesterol content found in egg yolks, you can include all the egg yolks. Egg yolks are yummy ;)
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|