Easy Baked Mackerel
Some time back, I saw maameemoomoo’s grilled saba with teriyaki sauce recipe, and I fell in love with it. Her grilled fish not only looked so deliciously beautiful, I also like the fact that they were oven-baked instead of grilled or pan-fried on the stove, saving lots of effort. My version, ever the lazy one, involves seasoning the fish with basic salt and pepper. This is a quick way to sneak in one more side dish to the dinner table effortlessly.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 2 mackerel (saba) fillets (if using frozen, thaw before use)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- one lime (halved) or 2 lemon wedges
- pastry brush
- baking tray
- parchment paper
1. Pull out any bones from the mackerel fillet using kitchen tweezers.
2. Brush olive oil with a pastry brush over the mackerel skin. Season the fillet with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
3. Line baking tray with parchment paper for easy cleaning. Place mackerel fillets skin side up.
4. Bake the fillets at preheated oven of 200°C for about 10 minutes, or until the skin starts to brown & crisp. Serve with cut lime or lemon wedges at the side.
1. Feel free to cook more fillets, just make sure they occupy one layer on the baking tray.
2. If you like a simple Japanese dip, you can add some grated daikon to a small saucer of light soy sauce or ponzo sauce.
Check out all fish fillet recipes.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|