10-Minute Matcha Latte Recipe Braised Tofu Recipe Tomato Eggs Recipe Chinese Salted Veg Duck Soup Recipe Simmered Pumpkin Japanese Recipe Szechuan Vegetable Duck Soup Recipe

Curry Vegetables

Curry Vegetables Recipe

When I saw wokkingmum’s curry vegetables, it set off an instant craving for curry vegetables (咖喱菜). I cooked a huge pot with cabbage, eggplants, orka and long beans. It was served with fried bee hoon for lunch. For the leftover curry, it was reheated for dinner to eat with rice.

See Also:

I love to cook two-in-one meals like this on weekends because much as I love to cook, I don’t wish to slave the whole weekend away in the kitchen. I love lontong too so I added some steamed rice cakes to my curry vegetables for faux lontong. This is a really yummy and fun recipe to try on a weekend.

Curry Vegetables Recipe - Spices

47 Responses to “Curry Vegetables”

1. There are days that we do not want to eat meat, vegetable curry is a very good option. It’s great idea to serve on Bee Hoon.

• wiffy replied: — June 7th, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

yes exactly! I was also thinking this is a good meal to cook whenever I want to cut down on meat.

2. food-4tots — June 7, 2010 @ 1:33 am

Oh I miss this kind of vegetarian style curry too. Not so heavy yet very appetizing! It will be heaven to serve with baguette. ;)

3. jo — June 7, 2010 @ 8:52 am

This looks way, way too good. Love the entire dish and for the fact that it is full of veggie goodness. Think of the possibility of this .. hmm lontong, noodles, tanghoon, mee … ok I’m rambling now. What to do … it’s Monday blues again.

4. paris — June 7, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

This looks like a fantastic dish. I find that okra is quite an under-appreciated vegetable and rare to find (well, I suppose depending upon where you look for it), but it’s very tasty.

5. Rasa Malaysia — June 9, 2010 @ 11:46 am

If you put some salted fish bones and some shrimp into the curry, then it becomes Nyonya food – gulai salted fish bones (kiam hu kut). Super delicious!

• wiffy replied: — June 9th, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

Hi Bee, I already have dried shrimps … so additional salted fish bones and it becomes kiam hu kut? sounds good! thanks for sharing :)

6. ReallyNoobCook — June 14, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

Hi Wiffy,

What is fish sauce. Where can I buy it and how does it look like. I am new to cooking and will love to try all the recipe you have here…
    Was thinking to cook bee hoon and curry vegetables…
    Thanks for sharing…

• wiffy replied: — June 14th, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

Hi RNC, you can see a picture of the fish sauce I used: 3rd photo at

you’re from Singapore? The bottle I shown (blue elephant brand) was bought at Cold Storage. You can find other brands in other supermarkets too (such as NTUC). It’s usually placed with the other bottles like soy sauces. You can also substitute with salt actually. Fish sauce is salty and pungent smelling, and I used it to favour my curry instead of just salt alone. Hope this helps, feel free to give me your feedback on the recipes after you try them :)

7. Laur — November 6, 2010 @ 2:51 am

This receipe looks great. I just made some veggie curry. Can you freeze leftovers?

1. Pingback: Fried Bee Hoon Recipe 炒米粉 |