Tuna Pasta Recipe Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe

Curry Vegetables

Curry Vegetables Recipe

Check Out: Assam Fish Curry Recipe

When I saw wokkingmum’s curry vegetables, it set off an instant craving for curry vegetables (咖喱菜). I cooked a huge pot of curry vegetables that very same weekend and I served it with fried bee hoon for lunch and heated up the leftover curry for dinner to eat with rice. I love to cook two-in-one meals like this on weekends because much as I love to cook, I don’t wish to slave the whole weekend away in the kitchen. I love lontong too so I added some steamed rice cakes to my curry vegetables for faux lontong. This is a really yummy and fun recipe to try on a weekend.

Curry Vegetables Recipe

47 Responses to “Curry Vegetables”

1. There are days that we do not want to eat meat, vegetable curry is a very good option. It’s great idea to serve on Bee Hoon.

• wiffy replied: — June 7th, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

yes exactly! I was also thinking this is a good meal to cook whenever I want to cut down on meat.

2. food-4tots — June 7, 2010 @ 1:33 am

Oh I miss this kind of vegetarian style curry too. Not so heavy yet very appetizing! It will be heaven to serve with baguette. ;)

3. jo — June 7, 2010 @ 8:52 am

This looks way, way too good. Love the entire dish and for the fact that it is full of veggie goodness. Think of the possibility of this .. hmm lontong, noodles, tanghoon, mee … ok I’m rambling now. What to do … it’s Monday blues again.

4. paris — June 7, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

This looks like a fantastic dish. I find that okra is quite an under-appreciated vegetable and rare to find (well, I suppose depending upon where you look for it), but it’s very tasty.

5. Rasa Malaysia — June 9, 2010 @ 11:46 am

If you put some salted fish bones and some shrimp into the curry, then it becomes Nyonya food – gulai salted fish bones (kiam hu kut). Super delicious!

• wiffy replied: — June 9th, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

Hi Bee, I already have dried shrimps … so additional salted fish bones and it becomes kiam hu kut? sounds good! thanks for sharing :)

6. ReallyNoobCook — June 14, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

Hi Wiffy,

What is fish sauce. Where can I buy it and how does it look like. I am new to cooking and will love to try all the recipe you have here…
    Was thinking to cook bee hoon and curry vegetables…
    Thanks for sharing…

• wiffy replied: — June 14th, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

Hi RNC, you can see a picture of the fish sauce I used: 3rd photo at http://www.noobcook.com/2010/05/10/green-curry-pasta/

you’re from Singapore? The bottle I shown (blue elephant brand) was bought at Cold Storage. You can find other brands in other supermarkets too (such as NTUC). It’s usually placed with the other bottles like soy sauces. You can also substitute with salt actually. Fish sauce is salty and pungent smelling, and I used it to favour my curry instead of just salt alone. Hope this helps, feel free to give me your feedback on the recipes after you try them :)

7. Laur — November 6, 2010 @ 2:51 am

This receipe looks great. I just made some veggie curry. Can you freeze leftovers?

8. Laur — November 6, 2010 @ 2:52 am

What’s the shelf life for veggie curry, refridgerated of course.

• wiffy replied: — November 6th, 2010 @ 2:33 pm

Hi Laur, I’ve not tried freezing leftovers so I’m not sure. There’s coconut milk in this curry so to me, I think if it is to be refrigerated, maximum overnight and heat up and finish by the next day.

9. Maureen — April 14, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

Just double confirm.. Is coconut cream = coconut milk? :)

• wiffy replied: — April 14th, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

Hi Maureen, I think coconut cream is slightly thicker and richer coconut milk. You can use it if you want a richer taste :)

10. alice — July 10, 2011 @ 7:36 am

hi hi,
    I am fan of ur recipes!Can I chk wf u:

1)which brand of belacan do u use or recommend?
    2)which brand of chopper r u using?

• wiffy replied: — July 11th, 2011 @ 2:30 pm

Hi alice, thanks. I did not use a specific brand of belacan, I bought it at NTUC. U can see a picture here: http://www.noobcook.com/sambal-kangkong/

as for the chopper, I was using Phillips brand, but it spoiled a while ago and now I’m using u-like. As long as it can chop chilli, it can be used to do the job ;)